Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blue Lines By Toni Aleo

16061112

Book Blurb:

Opposites do more than just attract in Toni Aleo’s latest Nashville Assassins novel about a very bad boy and the good girl he can’t resist.

The instant Piper Allen sees Erik Titov, she wants him—wants his rock-hard body, sure, but the strength and mystery that lies behind that superstar hockey jock demeanor, too. So when he sidles up to her at a bar and slinks his arm around her waist, she’s lost. What follows is the wildest night of her life . . . followed by inevitable heartbreak the next morning. And then, a few weeks later, a very big surprise: two blue lines on a pregnancy test.

Only a check to the head could make Erik fall for a nice girl like Piper. But since their crazy-sexy night together, he’s been trying to forget about her alluring body by falling into bed with every woman in Nashville, and it’s not working. So when Piper shows up at his house with a baby-bomb to drop, it doesn’t take much for Erik to suggest the nuclear option: marriage. While it’s supposed to be all for show, the second they say “I do,” the ice between them starts to melt into sizzling steam.


5 Stars! 

The months leading up to the release of this book, Toni Aleo said that this book would different from all her previous books in this series. And she was right. This book is really different. Wanna know why? Because I hated Erik. He was a little shit head that never said the right things at the right time and was a dick to Piper for most of the book. Even though I hated him, I understood his reasons; I still hated him though. And that's what Toni Aleo said would happen, that we would dislike Erik in comparison of loving all the other males from her other books.

I was glad that Toni wrote this story differently. The reason is because not all guys are perfect like Shea Alder or a screw up like Lucas Brooks or a heartthrob like Tate Odder. Erik is the mean one, the dick. Which make this book one of my favorites from the series.

Piper and Erik's relationship is a roller-coaster ride that I never wanted to get off of. I really enjoyed how Piper was in love with Erik, but I wish I would have seen more of their relationship before the pregnancy. Just to see what made Piper fall in love with Erik in the first place. I was happy with how Piper and Erik's love story was written and this is another book that will forever be added to my favorites and I'll most likely re-read this book like 100 more times.

Blue Lines is an amazing new addition to the Assassins series and I can't wait for Philip's book! I'm so excited I don't want to wait any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment