Friday, January 3, 2014

Off Limits by Sawyer Bennett


17607787



Book Blurb:

“There is a vulnerability there, hovering just below the surface. And I want to pick at it until I expose it. Then I want to kiss it."

Two years ago, Emily Burnham had an epiphany about the shallowness of her life. And she made it her mission to become a different person…a better woman. Out from under the controlling thumb of her mother, Emily is tasting the real world for the first time. And she likes it.

Nixon Caldwell has served his time in the Marine Corps, surviving two brutal tours in Afghanistan. He is back home, surrounded by what he likes best…isolation. It's certainly the best way to avoid confrontation of the consuming guilt that is weighing him down.

When an accident brings Emily and Nix together, he soon learns he is not the master of his own fate. Struggling with his own pain, Nix tries to guard himself against Emily’s charms. He wants her in his bed, but he doesn’t want her in his heart.

Having grabbed life by the horns, Emily wants it all. But is she willing to accept just the small part of himself that Nix is offering? Can she reach the part of his soul that he has deemed to be Off Limits?



 
When we first met Emily, it was in Off Sides and she was much like her mother, a judgmental bitch, but towards the end she changed. She accepted Danny when her mother wouldn't, straining their relationship. That's where Emily's book begins. 
 
Emily is fighting everything her mother wants her to do and I'm so glad she is. She is such a better person than who she used to be and by working off her debt to Nix is a wonderful way for her to evolve as a person because she cannot depend on money. 
 
As Emily begins working for Nix, Nix begins to open up, become human again, and boy do I love me some Nix. Nix is a character I loved from the beginning. He was a no-smiling, no-fun, hardened heart man, but I knew he was a softy underneath; he just needed Emily to break through those steel walls of his.  
 
I always knew that Nix had a hard time after his time spent in the Marine Corps. But Sawyer surprised me with what haunted Nix day in and day out. But I was glad that Nix was able to overcome his past, to move forward with Emily.
 
Nix and Emily's love story is different from what I have read before, but none-the-less an amazing love story. They grow together and they find a love so rare that once again Sawyer Bennett has another Home Run. I fell in love with Emily and Nix, they are a great addition to the Off series.

No comments:

Post a Comment