Friday, January 3, 2014

Off Chance by Sawyer Bennett

18279150




Book Blurb:

He is seeking absolution.

Flynn Caldwell has a hero complex and it’s one of the reasons he joined the New York City Fire Department. He has spent his entire professional career trying to atone for that one person he failed to save. Because, if he can do that, then perhaps he can be worthy of love again.

She is seeking escape.

Rowan Page’s life is nothing short of a disaster. Always immersed in trouble, she has only herself to depend on. She’s determined to pull herself out of this mess and make something of her life, despite the hard years she has lived on the streets of New York.

Together, they have the chance to become complete.

Flynn and Rowan’s worlds exist miles apart, but when a chance meeting brings them together, neither of them can deny the instant pull that connects them to each other. What starts as a tiny spark eventually flares into a fire so hot, it refuses to be extinguished.

For it to work, both of them will need to jump feet first into the flames to see where it takes them, despite the risk of being burned?

 
This is the second book out of the series that I read, (I read Off Sides first but I didn't know it was a part of a series or that this book was a part of that said series) and I felt this book is definitely different from the others. I think this is mostly because of how Flynn and Rowan met and how Rowan had lived her life before meeting Flynn was completely different from the other girls in this series. It made the whole ending a mystery to me because I had no idea what was going to happen.
 
I really liked Rowan. She didn't like hand outs. She wanted to earn things by working hard. She also didn't allow for her past mistakes or lifestyle get her down. She is a strong, independent woman, and those are the greatest women because they don't let men dictate their lives. And she doesn't let Flynn dictate any part of her life, even though he basically could have since saved her life and is giving her a place to stay until she gets back on her feet (but he didn't, so no worries!). But the one thing I found that I didn't like about Rowan was that she would give into her attraction to Flynn, but then push him away and she did this many times. I came to the point of wanting to choke her because why would anyone continue to deny a man like Flynn.
 
Now for Flynn. I think that it's amazing that he wants to help Rowan, but I don't like his hero complex. I know there is a history/reason as to why he has this complex, but no one can truly save someone, even in stories. But other than that, I absolutely love Flynn. He was so generous and patient with Rowan. He was also a hot firefighter and who doesn't love a firefighter? I liked when the storyline would go into his life as a firefighter, like being at a burning building or at the fire station with all the other firefighters. I wish we could have seen more of his days spent at the fire station but either way the story worked the way it was.
 
Overall I love this book also. I loved this entire series. It was filled with couples with steaming hot connections and storylines that were all different, but held my attention none-the-less. I wish this series didn't end with this book! This is a series that has become a favorite of mine and one that I will continue to re-read for years to come. I hope/can't wait for more of Sawyer Bennett's stories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment