Friday, January 3, 2014

Off Course by Sawyer Bennett


18136455


Book Blurb:

Renner Caldwell has her life perfectly mapped out. She has the ideal relationship, the perfect job and all is right in her world. When a shameful turn of events happens, she boards the first plane bound for Ireland to lick her wounds and get her head back on straight.

Cillian O’Bradaigh is the sexy, front man to the Irish rock band, Over The Edge. His rising fame and sultry voice make him every woman’s fantasy come true. Not to mention his single-minded determination. To put it simply: what Cillian wants, Cillian always gets. And he wants Renner, because there’s just something about the flame-haired beauty he has to possess.

If their relationship was just about sex and rock n’ roll, it would be easy for them to get lost in their desires. Only their relationship is anything but a hook-up. Will lies, deceit and hidden tragedy get in the way, making the path to true love uncertain? Or will the girl whose been knocked Off Course, find her footing with the man who is teaching her it’s okay to lose control?



When I first began reading this book I had no idea where it was going to go. That's because it began with Cillian and Renner's first meeting, when they are both young. I didn't think they started dating that young (because I read the last book of the series first before reading this book). But then it all makes sense when years later Renner is back in Ireland, working at her uncles bar.

I really found it cool that this book took place in a different country. I don't find many books that are set in other countries, at least many good books that are set in other countries. (p.s. this is one of the good books set in other countries.) It kept things interesting, that's for sure and how they talk is pretty awesome too!

I think Cillian is the sweetest guy. He plays the rough, edgy musician, but he is so much more than that. When I found out what "Cailin Alainn" meant, I just about melted. He pursues Renner right from the get-go. Right when he finds out that Renner is living in Ireland, nothing will stop Cillian from getting what he wants-Renner. Renner tries her hardest to resist Cillian, but the connection from their first meeting is still there and she cannot deny the attraction for very long. But I liked that Renner held off for so long. She made Cillian work hard for her, she wasn't just an easy lay.

But as their relationship begins to escalate into serious territory, an evil, bitch of an ex comes into the picture! This is where Cillian made me so unbelievably mad! But the situation was so life-like that it was something that could happen in everyday life, so I just let the story play out, even as sizzling hot steam exploded from my ears.

Overall I really enjoyed this book. The connection between Cillian and Renner was hot and full of passion. Their relationship is one that I am jealous of, kinda sad, but they are so darn cute. This series just continues to get better and better, I don't want it to end!

No comments:

Post a Comment