Monday, January 20, 2014

Unspoken by Jen Fredrick

17876866


Book Blurb:


Whore. Slut. Typhoid Mary.

I've been called all these at Central College. One drunken night, one act of irresponsible behavior, and my reputation was ruined. Guys labeled me as easy and girls shied away. To cope, I stayed away from Central social life and away from Central men, so why is it that my new biology lab partner is so irresistible to me?

He's everything I shouldn't want. A former Marine involved in illegal fighting with a quick trigger temper and an easy smile for all the women. His fists aren't the danger to me, though, it's his charm. He's sliding his way into my heart and I'm afraid that he's going to be the one to break me.

Impulsive. Unthinking. Hot tempered.

I allow instinct to rule my behavior. If it feels good, do it, has been my motto because if I spend too much time thinking, I'll begin to remember exactly where I came from. At Central College, I've got fighting and I've got women and I thought I was satisfied until I met her.

She's everything I didn't realize I wanted and the more time I spend with her, the more I want her. But she's been hurt too much in the past and I don't want to be the one to break her. I know I should walk away, but I just can't.

 

Review:


5 Stars!

Wow! The way that these students treated AM (AnnMarie), I am absolutely appalled. These kids were horrible and if I was AM I would have gone into hiding too, never going onto campus other than attending class. But when a new semester came around and she got a new lab partner everything changed. Bo is the cocky, swoon-worthy smile, sexy college guy that make girls like AM roll her eyes at. AM wasn't as easy as the rumors say she is. She isn't swayed easily and won't fall for anyone's tricks, especially now after all the things she's been through on her college campus. So she wasn't going to give Bo the time of day, she thought it would be easy to ignore him and go about her day, but she soon realized that she couldn't ignore the one guy that made her have butterflies in her stomach and a smile fall upon her lips. Something she hasn't had happen to her in a long time.

I fell in love with Bo and AnnMarie from the get-go. They have the easy relationship that every person hopes to have with their significant other. They go together like peanut butter and jelly, a perfect match. I also found that Bo didn't just want to save lives in the war, he wanted to help save AnnMarie. He didn't allow for anyone to tear down who AM was because of rumors spread about her. He goes to lengths that many boyfriends wouldn't to help clear AnnMarie's name. But one thing I found that I loved about AM is that she is stronger than she thought she was. As her relationship grows with Bo, AM realizes she is better than the rumors spread about her and that she has the same rights to be like every other college student who has a social life and isn't scared to be out in public. These two really grow together as the story is told, but they also had their obstacles to overcome along the way, making their relationship that much stronger. Their relationship also had sparks as bright as the stars. They would fly off these two whether they're in their Biology class or they are alone, it just never stops, but truthfully no one would really want to stop them. ;)

This book is amazing and so is the rest of the Woodlands series. They are books that should be on everyone's favorite book list, they're just that great.  

No comments:

Post a Comment